When using PostBeyond to share content to your social network, you may see "share.postbeyond.com" as the link within the snippet. For example:
You can customize this URL by creating a CNAME record in your DNS pointing to share.postbeyond.com and use it as a customized Short URL within PostBeyond.
- Determine the name you want to appear within the snippet. For the sake of this example, we'll use media.company.com.
- In your DNS records, create a CNAME entry for your desired name referencing share.postbeyond.com . For your reference, we have an example of such a record in AWS Route 53. Your DNS management console may differ.
- Go to Route 53
- Select Hosted Zones
- Select the desired Domain Name (e.g. company.com)
- Choose "Create Record Set"
- Fill in the details for a CNAME record as shown below
3. Have your CSM at PostBeyond set your Short URL to the desired address (e.g. media.company.com). Shown below is what the CSM will see in their settings:
At this point, you will see the desired domain indicated in the URL Shortener settings in your PostBeyond Admin view.
Now, when you share a post, the snippet will show the desired Shortened URL.