In this article, you will learn how to edit the Leaderboard. This will include:
- Why edit the Leaderboard
- How to edit the Leaderboard
Why Edit the Leaderboard?
There are a number of reasons why you might want to edit the Leaderboard:
- Personalize the Leaderboard to be able to create more of a brand/culture feel for your company. You can do this by editing the name of the Leaderboard (see how to edit the Leaderboard below for details)
- Reset Your Leaderboard to stimulate users to keep sharing or to promote sharing through time-framed contests
- Set points that create value around your objectives and change these points on a case-by-case basis to reflect company goals and Leaderboard objectives
How to Edit the Leaderboard
In this section, you will learn how to edit the Leaderboard:
- Name & Description
- Leaderboard Points
- Reset Leaderboard (recalculate points from a specific date in the past)
Go to the Leaderboard by navigating from the main Admin view page:
Click on the "Edit" button.
This will bring you to the "Edit Leaderboard" page.
Please be advised that changes will only be reflected on the leaderboard when the blue "save" button is clicked after assigning the point values. Please make sure the save your changes for each section.
Name & Description
Edit the Leaderboard name and description conveniently at anytime.
Note: the Leaderboard description is optional.
Set Leaderboard Points
Leaderboard points are a great way to encourage people to grow their social network and encourage sharing.
To set your leaderboard points, add values to the fields:
Reset Leaderboard Points
Note: Any changes made to the leaderboard calculation will change the scores retroactively for everyone from the last time you reset your Leaderboard.
In the "Edit Leaderboard" page, you have the option of resetting your leaderboard. You can select "Reset Now" to reset the leaderboard now, or "Reset as of" and choose a date in the past to recalculate the scores.
Remember: click on the blue "Reset" button for the change to be applied.
🎉 You now have an understanding of how to edit the Leaderboard! Continue learning by checking out these related articles: