As mentioned in Inbox Overview, the Inbox allows you to import content from outside feeds directly to your PostBeyond platform. You can directly import from a variety of content feeds such as Twitter accounts and hashtags, YouTube channels, Instagram hashtags, Facebook pages, and RSS feeds.
In this article, we will go over:
- *NEW* How to set-up a Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn feed
- How to set-up RSS, Twitter, and YouTube feed
- What to expect when a feed is a set-up
*NEW* How to set-up a Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn feed
For Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, you will need to make sure that accounts are linked.
Step 1: Navigate to the Admin panel > Inbox > Inbox Settings
Step 2: Click on the account that you would like to link.
Important to note:
- Please make sure that the account has a business page and that you have admin access to the account that you want to pull from or it will not work
- You can link multiple accounts. Click 'Link' for as many accounts as you would like connected.
- For Instagram, it will take you to the Facebook Business page that is associated with the account
To create a feed from Instagram Hashtags that are public feeds, you will need to complete a second step of linking your Instagram account again in the section below:
You can always change the account:
Step 3: Create Feed (or Unlink Account)
Click 'Create Feed'...
A notification will pop-up that a feed has been created and that the button will turn into a 'Remove Feed' option that is greyed out.
If you go back to the inbox main page, you will notice that the feeds are now available in your list.
How to set-up RSS, Twitter, and YouTube feed
If you would like to create a content feed from Twitter, your Twitter account needs to be connected.
For RSS, Twitter and YouTube Feeds, navigate to your Inbox
Step 1: Tap '+Add'
Step 2: Select the feed you want to create in the drop-down menu under 'Add New Subscription', then fill in the form
If you cannot find your page when connecting to a Twitter feed, make sure that you have Twitter linked to your account in your Settings.
Step 3: Click 'Add New Subscription'
Now you will be able to see the content feed you added in the list of inbox feeds. You can also organize the feeds in folders and by clicking on the gear icon, you can arrange the content feeds. After this you are ready to create a post using an inbox feed.
What to expect when a feed is set up?
- Currently, there is no way for us to determine the source of content that is pulled into the inbox feed for Instagram. This is a limitation with the Instagram API for 3rd party apps. That said, if you search the hashtag on Instagram, the same posts will surface and you will be able to see who shared that post.
- When a feed is set up for the first time the window available for PostBeyond to pull in older content is only ~24hrs, unlike Twitter which is ~2 months.
- For any hashtag, PostBeyond is able to retrieve the first 100 tweets and we sort them and get the oldest tweet. The oldest tweets might be from yesterday or 3 months.
If you have any questions with the above information or have something that we could add, please email us at email@example.com