In this article, we will go over how to set-up Mandatory Hashtags - hashtags that will automatically be applied to posts users share.
We will specifically go over...
- What are Mandatory Hashtags and why use them?
- How to enable Mandatory hashtags?
- How do they work when a user shares?
- How Mandatory Hashtags will appear in other sections of the end-use view
- Mandatory hashtags with not be visible to users sharing from mobile
- Due to Facebook sharing regulations, users do have the ability to delete the 'Mandatory Hashtag'
What are Mandatory Hashtags and why use them?
Mandatory Hashtags are exactly what they sound like - hashtags that are mandatory for posts and must be shared by users.
Mandatory Hashtags can used for a number of reasons:
- Compliance & regulations that make it mandatory for a hashtag to be present (ie. company policies)
- To unify a social campaign
How to enable Mandatory hashtags?
There are 2 parts to enabling a Mandatory Hashtag.
PART 1: Enabling the hashtag instance-wide
In the admin panel, click through to the Settings > Company tab:
From there, you will see a similar page as the one below, with 'Default Branded Hashtag' field located at the bottom.
Enter in the standard hashtag here, and click the Toggle to enable to hashtag live, and click 'Save'.
Please note that the standard hashtag is the most commonly used hashtag - admins and content creators will be able to make changes on a post-by-post basis.
PART 2: Enabling Mandatory Hashtags on a post-by-post basis
Once you've enabled the feature, admins and content creators will be able to update / disable the Mandatory Hashtags on the post creation level.
When creating / editing a post there will be a section (highlighted in red below) where admins / content creators can disable the hashtag by clicking on the toggle or change the hashtag, entering it in the blue text field:
How do they work?
Once enabled, the users will see this messaging in their posts before sharing content as such:
As mentioned, this is mandatory - so users will not be able to remove this hashtag.
Once shared, the post will appear on social media similar to how posts would normally be depicted. Note: the hashtag will only appear at the end of the body of the message:
How Mandatory Hashtags will appear in other sections of the end-use view
Content Card Preview
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com