Bulk uploading users is one of the most efficient ways to get a large number of users registered on your platform. This is done through a spreadsheet that is then uploaded to the platform.
- Administrator completes the user team upload excel document with all required information.
- The CSV is sent to the program's CSM.
- Admin then emails users with the platform URL/mobile app download instructions and the login instructions.
- Administrator can easily keep track of team list as it is uploaded
- Groups are easily assigned, including multiple groups
- Team Management list is filled with users who haven’t necessarily been invited or signed in yet
- Can be difficult to communicate login information to all of the uploaded users and they often forget the preset password
Step 1. Select 'Team'.
Step 2. Select 'Import'.
Step 3. Download the sample CSV file.
Step 4. Fill in the sample CSV file.
Make sure you fill in the fields in the same way as it is done in the sample CSV file. Double check that you don't have spaces at the end of the words.
Email: the email the user is going to use to log in the platform
Password: the password the user is going to use to log in. You can give all users the same password first. They will be able to change this once they log in for the first time.
When specifying the group(s) for each user, please include the full path for the group. For example if you have a Sales group under Canada and a Sales group under USA, and you want to add a given user to the Sales group under Canada please enter ‘Canada > Sales'.
If you are adding a user to multiple groups then those groups need to be separated by semicolons. For example, if you wanted to add a given user to both of the Sales groups noted above you would enter ‘Canada > Sales; USA > Sales.
Time Zone: you can see the list of all possible time zones under the 'Add Individual User' section of your team settings:
Groups: you can see all groups from under your team settings. If you would like to add users to a Group that doesn't yet exist, create a new Group before sending the CSV file.
Role: for all users, choose one of the following roles: 'Administrator', 'Content Creator' or 'User.'
Save the file to your computer, and record the file name.
Step 5. Send the CSV file to your Customer Success Manager.
Your CSM will be able to bulk upload the users for you using the CSV file for reference.